 Aquazone / 947
Re: New Lego Aqua raiders, Sealab 2021
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:13:20 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Avery Christy wrote:

   I had thought about taking some of the standards for the underwater pods/labs from set #7775, please refer to the above link, for inspiration for the standards: kindof let that be our guide for some ideas. What do you think? I thought that one thing that could be changed from moon base standards is using the smaller green 32x32 plates, rather than the larger grey 64x64 plates. But, I think that has both plusses and negatives. The smaller plates allow for more builders with smaller collections, but then its hard to really get something impressive like a submarine repair dock on a smaller plate. The larger plate allows more room for creativity.

I like the idea for this, but green plates would look a bit strange for an underwater terrain IMO. Perhaps two (16x32) grey (rock) or tan (sand) baseplates should be used instead?

“Big Daddy” Nelson

PS: Maybe we’ll also see a Sea Monkey revival. Felix? Are you going to update this newsgroup?