 Off-Topic / Fun / 1111
Re: patents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 01:11:10 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
Jonathan Wilson writes:
be verry careful about making TLG aware of ldraw because they have probobly
patented lego (or at least parts of it) and if you tell them about ldraw then
they may find a way to get you for patent ifringement.
1) TLG knows about LDraw.
2) One or more LEGO employees read this newsgroup/mailing list.

Hmmm.  Okay, I see two options:

<EXCITED_JOHN_CLEESE_VOICE>

Right then.

1.  We don't mention LDraw by name at all any more.  To keep a low profile,
we could set up a secret project and use the code name "Henrietta" - e.g.
"The April 1999 parts vote for the SECRET PROJECT HENRIETTA parts update
resulted in 537 new pieces."

2.  We devise a scheme in which a LUGNUT travels back in time, "borrows" the
idea for Lego from old Ole, then patents it in oh say 1938, and then drops
back into the present and sues the socks off TLG for patent infringement.
It would also be desirable to take away their "Susan Williams" signature
stamps in the process.  I understand one needs to steal plutonium from "The
Lybians" to power the time machine, and since I have a bad back, I
unfortunately won't volunteer for this exciting opportunity.  Plus, I stole
this idea from at least two different "literary" sources, which we would
then have to take down as well.

Any takers?  Terry, are you busy this week?

</EXCITED_JOHN_CLEESE_VOICE>

Cheers,
- jsproat

"The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder"
-- British scientist J. B. S. Haldane (1892-1964)