 Off-Topic / Fun / 10986
Re: The End of the ISD - An illustrated Star Wars Story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:04:19 GMT

"Samarth Moray @gmail.com>" <legoswami<nospam> wrote in message
In lugnet.starwars, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Hey now, are you saying Gungans are "Animals"??? They don't have very
good table
manners (my dog is neater), they're not very bright (my cats are
smarter), and
they are very annoying (a rabid racoon stalking you is less annoying!).
But
still, they're not animals, are they?

I think I am going to contact the ACLU (even though they're not US
citizens
either)...

XFUT lugnet.off-topic.fun

I think this brings up an interesting point. Where do you draw the line
between
an 'Animal' and a 'Human' in the SW line? Ewoks and the like, I'd say, are
more
like animals, like a cute little terrier, but Gungans... boy, that's a
different
story altogether now. I'd say they fall into the low IQ category. Not as
dumb as
an animal, yet not as smart as human. Now Yoda, he's a lot more human.

<Random rambling ends here>

Legoswami Samarth

Human:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=human

Noun -

      1.    A member of the genus Homo and especially of the species H.
sapiens.
      2.    A person: the extraordinary humans who explored Antarctica.

Adjective -
  1.. Of, relating to, or characteristic of humans: the course of human
events; the human race.
  2.. Having or showing those positive aspects of nature and character
regarded as distinguishing humans from other animals: an act of human
kindness.
  3.. Subject to or indicative of the weaknesses, imperfections, and
fragility associated with humans: a mistake that shows he's only human;
human frailty.
  4.. Having the form of a human.
  5.. Made up of humans: formed a human bridge across the ice.
Homo sapiens:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Homo%20sapiens

Noun -

      The modern species of humans, the only extant species of the primate
family
      Hominidae.

Personally I think "human" would specifically only be used when referring to
homo sapiens who's race originated on Earth.  Humans are also known as
Earthlings, and sometimes meatbags(1).

Rob

1) Meatbag:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meatbag&r=f
    Noun -
    A derogatory word for a human, usually used by a robot.