 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 1181 – 1200 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) This, yet again, sounds like "forget the stragglers" reasoning. What if "people" (whoever they might be--I'm dying to hear some suggestions, since in Libertopia a person's responsibility seems to be to himself and/or his family) don't feel (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Liberalism: "Trojan-horse fascism without the jackboots"? [was What has to be the worst...]

After doing some 'brief' research... I just get more and more set that people are idiots (part 3). I'd include myself in this category 'cause I have done and said some very stupid things... but in here, in o-t.d we throw around ideas, we discuss, we (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message news:FH135q.M3B@lugnet.com... (...) (snip) (...) Yeah. Only when it's too late to nip the thing in the bud, then the rest of the world gets draged in kicking and screeming. (snip) (...) (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: To change the tune...

(...) I'd say the 'capable of attacking within 45 minutes' was imminent enough. (...) Show me before the war where he said that? You know Dubya, et al. mentioned the imminent threat of Iraq many times over, but I don't recall anyone saying that the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Misleader and the Gay Apocalypse

First just go and see it: (URL) A Band of Brothers: The Rebuilding of Iraq (URL) Recent estimates now put the final figure somewhere between $200 billion to as much as half a trillion dollars over the next ten years. America's Iraq-sticker-shock may (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The partisian trap in California

(...) You can link until the cows come home, but it really proves nothing. Nada. The best you can hope for is that Bush believed intelligence that suggested that WMD still existed (assuming that they indeed don't) and he was wrong. Nobody can prove (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"

(...) I have no issues with you personally either Larry and this is a civilized discussion not a "brawl" or a flame war - I am somewhat toward the libertarian view myself (I'm not dogmatic about anything except how cool the Internet and Legos are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: An Alternative..

(...) Please don't hold back on the questions :) (...) I have to respectfully disagree! * Power is bottom up, not top down. * State Funding is at a minimum - you pay for what you want. * Individuals are offered a role in community issues and at a (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: The bottom line of your statement is being in favor of a space based missle defense system for whatever reasons you argued. Those weren't of any particular interest to me since I'm obviously on a (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

John, first of all, I owe you a thanks. I was kind of excited by your tone in some notes and I wrote more hotly than was wise. You either didn't take it that way or only calmly replied. Thanks. (...) But I'm saying that it might not _be_ filth in my (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing"

(...) There was once, well, a West Wing episode ;) , in which a pollster mentioned a little tale about polls-- " Polls tell us that people are sick and tired of hearing about sexual scandals of politicians, and yet the ratings of any show that (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Clearly those Canadians are concerned about censorship...

(...) (URL) we're back to Howard Stern--if you don't like what he has to say (and I don't) then for the love of freedom of choice, turn the radio station. As far as censorship goes--to that old arguement 'Fire!' in a crowded theatre is wrong (unless (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Peace in the Mid-East?

(...) It was just an oblique reference to what is termed a flame war. My point was merely that if John was going to entirely avoid making any substantive comments, and instead make only personal attacks. I would give him a flame war the likes of (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) "Activist judge" = "Hitler"? This is big, Dave! I think you are underestimating the arguments against legislating from the bench. I'm curious-- how would you respond to an act of congress that went something like this: "The courts are not to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  More War = More Terrorism, Less Security

Former Aide Takes Aim at War on Terror (URL) Five days before the war began in Iraq, as President Bush prepared to raise the terrorism threat level to orange, a top White House counterterrorism adviser unlocked the steel door to his office, an (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Freedom of Speech? W sez NO!

(...) Hmmm, I can't say that I think it was even close. The election was stolen pure and simple. We are no longer the country we think we are, and we probably haven't been for quite some time. I know -- I keep trying to be optimistic that things (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) BTW, Judaism is NOT the first monotheistic faith. The Egyptian Pharoah Akhenaten, A.K.A. The Heretic King, is probably the first monotheist in history -- believing in a single solar diety -- The Aten. When the same idea was taken up by Moses (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...

(...) What makes the court decision remarkable is that they actually made a decision that's rational, instead of politically expedient. You may have found the writing sub-par, but then you may not know the actual author of the article, Rachel Sa. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Terrorists hate freedom

(...) It does. There are different kinds of religions. Changing a popular or materially well resourced religion is no small thing. But even Christianity got over this when essentially left to its own devices. Mind you, in the hundreds of years it (...) (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Intellectual Property Question

Yeah, those are all good questions... Capitalism is dead too, though. I have given it long and serious thought and there's a very good reason that Roddenberry never really investigated the economy of the future in Star Trek -- the main thing is that (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

More:  Next Page >>