 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 1141 – 1160 of 1284.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

"Bill Farkas" <kfar@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Fq5B2D.I06@lugnet.com... (...) we in (...) staying (...) with the (...) Marines (...) Well, I wasn't going to mention the debacle that was Viet Nam, but since you brought it up... First, I (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.261)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

I, too, appreciate your pride in your service. But as to "top of the food chain," I have to disagree. I will admit that, to a certain extent, the Marines are an "elite" force, and this is precisely why they are not "at the top of the food chain." No (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.261)

  Re: 2000 scans

<sarcasm> yes it just pleases me to no end that shows like 'Dawson's Creek', 'Friends' and 'Beverly Hills 90210' go to other countries. </sarcasm> They're bad enough in this country where we know there is no way someone lives like that, let alone (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.259)

  Re: 2000 scans

(...) If you think about the vast number of television programmes that spew forth from America and pollute the rest of the world.. then it isn't that suprising that people have this opinion. Almost every other idiot on television is an American, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.259)

  Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"

(...) I have no issues with you personally either Larry and this is a civilized discussion not a "brawl" or a flame war - I am somewhat toward the libertarian view myself (I'm not dogmatic about anything except how cool the Internet and Legos are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.259)

  Political Parodies Music - Was:[ Art Debate, etc.]

(...) That reminds me of another great Parody was a Paul Shanklin remake of the Coolio song, AlGore Paradise. Hilarious! :) I also heard of a great parody off the Beatles "Yellow Submarine", entitled "We All Live in a Mellow Apathy." I love Paul (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.259)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

OK Scott. Somehow I knew that your conservativism would lead you to agree with Rush. I suppose if Robert Bork said LEGO was a Danish commie plot, you would agree?? Gary Istok P.S. :-) - Scott was the first AFOL that I ever met, and I like to tease (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

political
(score: 0.258)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote: > Why is that? Should the tests be designed to determine who has a good (...) Making it so they all go to college together segregates them? (...) Should not? What do you mean should? What if it does? Does matter, whether or (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.258)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

< cross posted to off-topic-debate and off-topic-fun, Lord knows where else it should be, maybe off-topic.scott.rant.evil or something? > Gary, (...) I would hope not! I don't like supporting communists, that's for sure! If it is, boy oh boy, I (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general)

political
(score: 0.258)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

(...) Rich, and every one else out there!...Conservative _IS_ exactly that, IE, not all that forward looking. You are by definition if you look to new ideas _not_ a conservative. It always strikes me as funny that here in Canada, one of the major (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.258)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

Clint, I fully supported you up until the WWII comment. It belittles the contributions made by all the people who fought for freedom around the world, including Americans. I am Canadian, and have had both Canadian and American relatives die in WWII, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.258)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

"we saved your butts" That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and I would bet most of the Americans who fought in WWII would agree. To say "We fought & died along side of you, in the fight for freedom" is more accurate. We're not talking (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.258)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) True, but one doesn't want to appear like a prude, although I do have long time friends who insist on sending Christmas cards addressed to "Peter Calloway". Arggggg!!! (...) I think there is a very real distinction. Whilst British humour tends (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.257)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

(...) See below. I see your points and follow your line of reasoning with which I agree for certain topics, but not this one. For example, I believe that your argument defends ignorant speech but not necessarily profanity. Bad taste is bad taste, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.257)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

(...) I disagree with the assertion that human psychology is a such a linear process. One person may read a post and think "this writer is deluded, and clearly wrong on points A, C, and D", someone else may read the same post and think "what a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.257)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

(...) Terms like "bad taste" are extremely subjective, and to my mind have no real meaning although I understand the gist of what you are saying -- really its more of a simple put down than anything else. And by "ignorance" I thought the original (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.257)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

You know Scott, I really don't get you sometimes. My post was mildly derogatory to a faceless group - not to you - and you completely took it as an attack. (...) You're welcome to believe what you want. That's fine. I don't happen to believe the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.256)

  True Right Wing Fascists

To All, There has been a lot of what I would call name calling, I admit I am guilty of it as well, and a few posts of this really got to me, especially the right wing religious fascists. Last night, on the History channel, they had a program about (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.256)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) What my parents did have nothing to do what I believed in, thank you very much. I chose for what I think is best. My mom never cared too much for politics, and I have not seen my dad in many years. (...) Well, since you know so much about me, (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.256)

  Re: An Alternative..

Richard, I am not being argumentative just for the sake of it. I am truly having difficulty seeing your side of this, and as is usually the case, wondering why you can't see mine. I made some replies below that I would like you to look at. I am (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.256)

More:  Next Page >>