 Off-Topic / Debate / 9914
Re: Can I bring up Lego in off-topic? :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 21:58:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Robert Bevens writes:

Prototype?  You mean you're copying something?  I mean my shuttle
moc's are pretty good, but I don't consider it to be really good work
since I was only copying.

People always copy real prototypes with their Lego, being a copy of a real
thing doesn't affect how good it is. If it's a copy of a prototype you rate
it on how good is it as a model and then how accurately the model portrays
the prototype. Copying a real prototype is always harder than making
something up as you have to catch all the angles and features. When your
making your own MOC any difficulties can be circumvented and no one will
ever now. All my recent MOC's have been copies of real vehicles (except the
valkyrie).

BTW would it be asking too much for a link to some of your stuff, you have
piqued my curiosity.  : )

I can't show you any of my work yet as I don't have the necessary equipment
but I will have shortly (1-2 months).

Steve