 Off-Topic / Debate / 9913
Re: Can I bring up Lego in off-topic? :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:20:45 GMT

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001 21:13:03 GMT, "Steven Lane" <Steveroblane@aol.com>
wrote:

Well of course you would, and that's fine.  Still, I'd like to see you
find a Star Trek type shuttle that looks better than the one I've
built  What's that?  You can't find one?  Oh well that's a surprise.

Well I wouldn't look for anything Star Trek on the net, I watch the program
but apart from that I have nothing to do with Star Trek. I wouldn't want to
be ever thought of as a sad trekkie.

I wouldn't either, but it is kind of a nice view of the future, I
think maybe that's why some people are really into it.  All in all
though if you monitor the space building group you won't find anything
even remotely as accurate and well built as the ones I did.  In fact
after recently scanning through Brickshelf I found someone who had
made a similar shuttle (to the small one), in fact the upper front top
portion was nearly identical.  Not that it would surprise me since I
had the instructions up on my site for a couple months before I took
the whole thing down.  Their's was alright, white isn't really my
favorite color scheme, but the detachable add ons they made were
pretty cool.  I believe they called it the Worker Bee or something.

BTW why didn't you mention the Vortex?  Do you realize I had to
completely alter my building style just to make that?

I didn't menetion the Vortex because I hadn't found it. Seeing as the date
on the Vortex's file is todays I assume you only uploaded it after I posted.

Nope, I put it up on Brickshelf about a month ago, in fact that was
the first thing I posted under Robert.

Incidentally I only came across the vortex at 5pm GMT when I went to double
check your models on brickshelf.

I mean you try altering your building style and tell me how well it works.

I have recently altered my building style to acheive greater similarity to
the prototype and it's going brilliantly thank you.

Steve Lane

Prototype?  You mean you're copying something?  I mean my shuttle
moc's are pretty good, but I don't consider it to be really good work
since I was only copying.  BTW would it be asking too much for a link
to some of your stuff, you have piqued my curiosity.  : )

Robert