 Off-Topic / Debate / 9905
Re: Common ground in science/Bible debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 19:43:28 GMT

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001 15:06:58 GMT, "Steven Lane" <Steveroblane@aol.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Robert Bevens writes:

I guess basically it'd be like as soon as
you become a God, you would instantly destroy yourself, simply because
it's the only thing left to do that you haven't already done an
infinite number of times already.

I think if you we're a god you'd only do everything in an infinite number of
combinations ONCE!

I doubt even a god could do everthing in every permutation instantly.

And what if you wanted to do somthing that takes time like wait for a planet
to form that would take milennia. Of course being a deity you could speed up
your own comprehension of time so the planet would seem to form at any speed
you'd want it to.

Steve

Hmmm, yeah the concept of time I guess kinda throws things off.  I
mean maybe our entire "existence" really only lasted a brief
milisecond for God himself, while for us we experience the time at a
snails pace.  That might also explain the whole 7 days to create the
universe thing too....although I think if I was a God I could have
done it in 6.    : )

Robert