 Off-Topic / Debate / 9885
  Common ground in science/Bible debate

Greetings! I've been following the debate regarding science and the Bible and it seems the debate has digressed so I thought I'd start a thread about the things I think we should agree on. Feel free to join in but please keep an open mind and use (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Common ground in science/Bible debate

(...) You keep talking like that and Zeus is gonna come down here and make us all sorry! (...) And pizza helps relieve the HUNGER in our existence. (...) Here's an interesting thought, if God were really a God, as in if he had total and absolute (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Common ground in science/Bible debate

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Robert Bevens writes: I guess basically it'd be like as soon as (...) I think if you we're a god you'd only do everything in an infinite number of combinations ONCE! I doubt even a god could do everthing in every (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Common ground in science/Bible debate

(...) I would disagree with this. There are basically a handfull of major world religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam - and some of these are sometimes considered more philosophies than religions). (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Common ground in science/Bible debate

(...) Hmmm, yeah the concept of time I guess kinda throws things off. I mean maybe our entire "existence" really only lasted a brief milisecond for God himself, while for us we experience the time at a snails pace. That might also explain the whole (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Common ground in science/Bible debate

(...) Yes, I should modify my statement to reflect the all the sub-religions, philosophies or branches under the umbrella of a given main religion. In some religions, such as Hinduism, there can be significant differences from one village to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Common ground in science/Bible debate

Here's an interesting quote from Albert Einstein regarding his thoughts on God, life and death: "I cannot conceive of a god who rewards and punishes his creatures or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I, nor would I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Common ground in science/Bible debate

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> To: <lugnet.off-topic.de...ugnet.com> Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2001 3:44 AM Subject: Common ground in science/Bible debate (...) about (...) keep (...) practiced (...) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)