 Off-Topic / Debate / 9479
  Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!

(...) around and insult the person trying to pay you a compliment. Like the time someone told you you'd improved and you went off on them. (I just don't even feel like looking it up) Just exactly where do you get off anyway? ~Grand Admiral Muffin (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!

(...) gut-level reaction. When I read your comment yesterday, it sounded to me like a "looking down on someone" kind of comment. I figured I musta been mistaking your meaning, but it seemed to stand out. I'd seen similar sorts of confusions in the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!

(...) I understand that Mladen may not have felt totally flattered by Eric's comment, but I sincerely believe that Eric _intended_ it as a compliment. I was just calling Mladen on his rudeness, because I don't think Eric deserved to be stomped on. I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!

(...) When was I being rude? I even typed "sarcasm ON/OFF" when I posted my reply to indicate that I was making a point! I never stomped Eric. If you want my opinion, I think his models are excellent, and some of the most awe-inspiring I have ever (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!

(...) Mark is far from the only person who thinks your response was both arrogant and rude. eric (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!

(...) Your point is well taken. (although it was Eric's comment that Mladen responded to) However even a braggart has to learn to let perceived slights to his or her skill just pass on by without a response. In fact if you really WANT to be a good (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!

(...) I read it "In My Experience" HTH. eric (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!

True, True, throwing in a half described compliment, dosen't always come off as intended. I did send a reply stating that a separete posting singing praises was in order. Thanks for being impartial. I'll be more specific in future postings! (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!

Excellent, I'll take that as a compliment! (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!

(...) It does. Thanks! ++Lar (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)