 Off-Topic / Debate / 941
    Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Sorry to be the fly in the ointment, but not for me, thanks. I believe that requiring training is an infringement on the RKBA and specifically violates the second. If the government can require training, and they want to make guns improbably (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page —Jasper Janssen
     (...) Redefine the fucking Second, then. Include the amount of training and how selective it can be. Just don't make it another driving license, for which virtually nobody ever fails.. Jasper (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) IF you mean that the constitution should be amended so that the right to keep and bear arms is dependent on some very specific training, then I agree with your method of making that change (as opposed to just passing laws that violate the (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page —Jasper Janssen
   (...) Whoops. Musta thought I was still in alt.peeves (where I am currently also involved in a gun-control thread that is, at last count, something on the order of 1000 messages and growing...). (...) Well, yeah. I mean, however much _anyone_ may or (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Cool. (...) Now, if we look at the number of automobile-related deaths, I think adopting something similar for the US might be in order. Guns are really pretty safe, but cars are dangerous as hell. (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)