 Off-Topic / Debate / 941
Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 21:39:38 GMT

Duane Hess wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Bliss writes:
On Mon, 17 May 1999 03:02:25 GMT, "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com>
wrote:

The big reason I see some value in gun licensing is that education could
become a part of the requirement to own a gun which would tremendously
increase the percentage of gun owners who are responsible.

That is my hope, belief, and aim.

Steve

This may be some common ground where we can all agree.

Sorry to be the fly in the ointment, but not for me, thanks.  I believe
that requiring training is an infringement on the RKBA and specifically
violates the second.  If the government can require training, and they
want to make guns improbably difficult to bear, they could then just
define training such that no one would be willing to do it.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA