 Off-Topic / Debate / 1101
Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 19:04:46 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

Actually.. I don't really think one should ban guns in the US.
_Slightly_ more heavy restrictions would be a good thing, IMHO,
though.

Just as long as you don't force guns on me or my country, I can deal
just fine with not forcing you to give them up.

Cool.

Indeed. By the way, contrast this, if you will, with the .nl driving
licence: On average, it takes about 2.5 tests and 30-40 hours of
practical training to get the practical exam right. The theoretical
exam is a lot more easy, at least if your memory works like mine. I've
also seen people who had to take _that_ one 6 or 7 times, though.

Now, if we look at the number of automobile-related deaths, I think
adopting something similar for the US might be in order.  Guns are
really pretty safe, but cars are dangerous as hell.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA