 Off-Topic / Debate / 1100
1099  |  1101
Subject:
Trolling etc. (was: Re: A summation? (was Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 19:01:17 GMT

<MPG.11bcd21f4c15bcb298982c@lugnet.com> <FCnK1r.I33@lugnet.com>

Duane Hess wrote:

As far as trolling, well sometimes it's just fun to make a statement that
you know is going to get flamed. It's a good way to find out where your
debate partner is coming from.

This reminds me of the bone-head required English writing class that I
had to take for my college degree in which the TA (who was one year my
junior) was trying hard to get any discussion going in the class after
about eight weeks of pathetic passivity.  I worked it into the
conversations, such as it was, and stated the women are, on average,
stupider than men.  The room erupted.  There was plenty of conversation
that day, but the TA wasn't happy with me.  I guess there's no pleasing
some people. :-)

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks