 Off-Topic / Debate / 9398
Re: Is Bionicle violence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 04:13:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Trimmed bionicle from FUT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Bill Farkas writes:
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Michael Horvath writes:
I agree with both of you.  I do think it's disturbing.

This may stir up a firestorm (not my intent), but why is violence in a
storyline so bad?

I agree with Bill. Violence in a story isn't bad, per se. It's *celebrating
it* as an end in and of itself that's bad.

I hold with a philosophy that doesn't initiate violence but that doesn't
mean I'm against seeing it happen when it's necessary to make a point or to
move a story forward.

++Lar (never start a fight, but if someone starts one, and turning the other
cheek doesn't work, fight to win)

I think I pretty much agree with your words about violence, Larry. It's summed
up pretty well in that Kenny Rogers song, which I can't remember the name of
right now, about tommy, Becky, and the Gatlan boys.

But I am disappointed that TLC seems to be "relaxing" it's long-held policy of
non-violent toys. Everyone has the right to change their mind (even
corporations) but I dont remember seeing anything anywhere about TLC deciding
to do this.

Just my AU$0.02 (which is closer to US$0.01 these days 8?()

ROSCO