 Off-Topic / Debate / 895
Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 14:25:19 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
A second problem is civil lawsuits following innocent verdicts in criminal
trials.

Well, except for maybe that one case that happens every now and then
when the criminal trial verdict was clearly wrong.

What makes a criminal trial verdict clearly wrong?  For instance with
OJ: everyone I knew had an opinion, most of them thought he was guilty
as hell and should fry, but a few were absolutely sure that he was
innocent.  So, he got off and everyone thought it was 'clearly wrong'.
But, I would always ask people what their opinion was based on, since I
was pretty sure that they weren't jurors sitting on the case, and they
all came up with silly BS answers based on irrational interpretations of
the crap that the news was flinging.  I personally, have no idea what
his involvement was.

How often are you so involved in a criminal court case that you're sure
that the jury was wrong?  How often could you possibly have a reasonable opinion?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA