 Off-Topic / Debate / 1079
Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 17:48:51 GMT

On Mon, 17 May 1999 23:40:30 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following
profundities...
Better that
a hundred guilty walk free than that 1 innocent be unjustly punished.

Why the death penalty was abolished in the UK. Shall we go
down that road? Would the incorrect execution of one
individual sway the overwhelmingly favourable attitude towards
capital punishment? I don't see that such an event would
sway opinion, somehow.

Sarcasm/"joke"/observation, having read only a 1/4 of this
thread so far:
Doubtful. Americans seem to prefer the ability to be their
own judge/jury/executioner when faced with being a victim.
Not a criticism or defense, of either criminal or victim.

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/