 Off-Topic / Debate / 8693
  Re: Problems with Christianity

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Low writes: <snip> (...) Me too. Let's see if it can be done without "junk science". I have my doubts. (...) This isn't a viewpoint I agree with, but it's one that is a lot more to my liking than strict creationism. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Problems with Christianity

(...) Question: What's "junk science"? Probably important to define it/back it up before requesting that it's not used by Steve.... Is there another thread one might use for reference of such a definition? DaveE (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Problems with Christianity

(...) First, with out defining it crisply, you do (sort of) know what I mean and agree that it's a good idea to avoid it, right? Can I take the "I know it when I see it" cop out? :-) Kidding aside, I would tend to define it along the lines of the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Problems with Christianity

Larry Pieniazek wrote: <Junk Science> (...) In this neck of the woods one will more often hear a reference to "pseudoscience" or perhaps even sophistry; that is, arguments which generally appear reasonably plausable, logical or convincing at a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)