 Off-Topic / Debate / 8641
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:59:18 GMT

You've been warned about Seattle? Really?

About 2 years ago, we (HMCS Algonquin) were tied up down where the old ferry
(Klakala ?) is (I forget what pier it is now), and we were warned not to go
into some areas of Seattle at night.  I didn't find it that bad, but perhaps
the warning was not directed at a 6'0" man who walks around with a bit of
athority, but at our 5'4" women who weigh about 98 lbs soaking wet.

I was also warned to take a cab from Kenmore air on Lake Union to the
Spaceneedle, but I would have anyhow (who wants to lug 50 lbs of lego half a
mile?  I'd already lugged it to downtown Victoria from Esquimalt, so it was all
in poor shape...

What have people warned you about?

Just curious, since I live in the Seattle area and I think it's pretty safe
in general.

I'd agree with you- I didn't feel as bad in Seattle as I have downtown East
side in Vancouver- or in my old 'hood in Toronto.  Mind you, perhaps I avoided
the seadiest areas (but I did do a good deal of walking...)

James P