 Off-Topic / Debate / 8621
  Re: My Gun Control Rant

Well, I understand this whole debate came from the initial posting of gun control. And I agree that controlling guns may not have the desired affect upon gun related crimes, since only law-abiding citizens will register. But lately, it sounds like (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) People with guns kill people. Scott A (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) ... and people without guns still kill people. (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) I asked for that :-) Scott A (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) One book on guns I bought back in college (while in college I used to do some very serious research for my roleplaying games), written by a police man, talked about various decisions in chosing a gun for home defence. He did point out that a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) But they are more willing to do it with a gun. And if they want to knife fight, that's okay, my knife is three feet long! Crocodile Dundee, eat your heart out. Of course, I'd reach for the 12 gauge first... Bruce well-armed liberal :-) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Hmm. 3ft. That'll be a sword. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) I remember, a year or so ago, saying there was some sort of plan for an "electronc" child proof lock. Did anything ever come of that? Scott A (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Most people would describe it as a sword, but it is in fact a Bolo Knife (kind of a pointy Phillipines machete). Bruce (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) As I mentioned in a previous post, that's exactly what has to happen! If everyone would get over their unjustified fear that if child knows about or has an interest in guns that they'll grow up to be some crazy bank robber and realized that if (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) You are completely correct; the notion that knowledge of a gun's usage and consequences will somehow lead inexorably to a gun's illegal use is simply falacious. A true awareness of the consequences of one's actions can only lead to an (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)