 Off-Topic / Debate / 847
846  |  848
Subject:
Mention Hitler? You lose (was Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 19:47:59 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Fri, 14 May 1999 15:17:44 GMT, Lee Jorgensen <ljorgensen@uswest.net>
wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote:

<snipped>

WELL SAID!

The only thing you didn't reference was Hitler's confiscation of
guns as the precursor to WW2.

If he did that, he would have lost the argument by default.

Steve

Right, that's why I didn't either. Wish the other side had brought it up
first. <grin> (1) It's true, though. I worked it in via the Custer
reference. Tyrants disarm populations. That's what they do. If you are
living somewhere that is trying to disarm you, check your premises.

1 - for the newbies in the audience, Usenet tradition (2) holds that the
first side in an argument to mention Hitler or Nazis loses the argument,
since it's such a stock invokation.

2 - which probably applies here, can we have a ruling on that, Todd? Or
is it a "norms of the group" thing? In that case, I for one say it does,
any dissenters?

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.