 Off-Topic / Debate / 8128
Re: Problems with Christianity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 23:34:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
SRC wrote:

2.  Christ's significance isn't limited to just what He said and did.
You speak of Him in the past tense - it's not what He did - it's who He IS.
Christmas and Easter are celebrations of the three most significant events
in history - Christ's birth

<snipped long references about history of Christmas>

My point was that Christ's significance is not limited to what He said and
did 2000 years ago, but also who He IS - today - present tense - as in
alive and risen from the dead.  The history of our celebrations on Dec.
25th is a different discussion.

SRC