 Off-Topic / Debate / 7948
Re: Religion and Science
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:58:53 GMT

John Neal wrote in message <3A2DE97F.D6DE09@uswest.net>...
Having said that, I doubt whether a person can lead a good and moral life
on their own.

Why not, John?

Most of the time, most of us can tell what's the right thing to do, and many
of us do the right thing most of the time. Probably just as much of the time
as most christians. Or does "leading a good and moral life" mean you have to
be perfect?

Of course, there's also the disagreement beyond the obvious (eg don't kill,
lie, steal) as to what the "morals" are that you have to stick to... many of
us don't subscribe to some of the christian moral requirements.

Kevin