 Off-Topic / Debate / 7696
Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:13:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote

  That's fine on a personal level, but you have to recognize that faith,
evidence(1), and personal experience will never prove His existence to
anoter person, as long as that person is objective and subjects your
assertions to critical analysis.

Yep, I agree.  Each individual has to come to this realization for himself
or herself.  Until its personal, no amount of convincing really helps.  It
may prompt them to explore the possibility, but can never confirm for anyone
that this is true.

Sorry guys - saying that belief in God requires a leap of faith - what you're
saying in essence - is exactly what Kant said.

God is, however, not removed from reality. Belief in God can indeed be arrived
at through rational considerations - hence the whole area of apologetics.

That's not to remove the aspect of faith in any way however from the the
recipie for "salvation".

Deomons believe in God - they just don't accept Him as Lord.
It's not a matter of faith for them - and it doesn't have to be for us either.

-Jon