 Off-Topic / Debate / 7705
Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:43:50 GMT

Jon,
Good points :-)  I just haven't arrived at a rational explanation yet,
besides reading some philosophers for class - and those easily get debunked
if you think hard enough.  Though I like C.S. Lewis, he doesn't seem that
debunkable, but I haven't studied him enough.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne

"Jon Kozan" <jauction@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote

  That's fine on a personal level, but you have to recognize that • faith,
evidence(1), and personal experience will never prove His existence to
anoter person, as long as that person is objective and subjects your
assertions to critical analysis.

Yep, I agree.  Each individual has to come to this realization for • himself
or herself.  Until its personal, no amount of convincing really helps. • It
may prompt them to explore the possibility, but can never confirm for • anyone
that this is true.

Sorry guys - saying that belief in God requires a leap of faith - what • you're
saying in essence - is exactly what Kant said.

God is, however, not removed from reality. Belief in God can indeed be • arrived
at through rational considerations - hence the whole area of apologetics.

That's not to remove the aspect of faith in any way however from the the
recipie for "salvation".

Deomons believe in God - they just don't accept Him as Lord.
It's not a matter of faith for them - and it doesn't have to be for us • either.

-Jon