 Off-Topic / Debate / 7695
Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:08:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
But YOUR god (assuming he exists) sets the rules, so even if a person goes to
hell for their perceived sins, they go there because God made them, through >the rules.  God, if he truly loved his children, would allow ALL into heaven,
regardless of sins.

He has done just that. He made a way for everyone to enter, some don't want
it. I have to object to your statement "regardless of sin", though. You
can't justify that statement. If he is holy, he can't do that. Also, for
sake of argument, what if there were some sort of oversight board, someone
or something that was scrutinizing His every move, looking for a crack.
Remember that oversight does not imply supremacy.

But that wouldn't have let the governments/churches hang
doom over people's heads to get them to behave, so we can't have something >like that.

You're right, but I don't think that is the "gospel". Jesus didn't do it.
Apostles didn't do it. I've never done it, here or anywhere else. You're
right, we can't have something like that.

I simply can't believe in such a petty and vengeful god as the Christian God.
If anyone were to convert me, it would be FAR outside of Christianity of any
type.

He's not petty or vengeful. Substantiate *your* claim. He put's up with
quite a lot. He's actually quite patient.

Bill