 Off-Topic / Debate / 7620
Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:53:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes:

And now... I have you and the rest of the christians right where I want
you.... Observe. (I love it when a plan comes together)

Oh, don't flatter yourself....like it wasn't obvious! While I found your
tale extremely humorous - (which is bad because I just got out of the ICU
due to amonia (pneumonia), my ribs are killing me!! I laughed my @$$ off -
that's right, I now have no @$$!!) it is still fundamentally flawed.

It was whipped up on the spur of the moment. I'm glad it amused, and not too
worried if it wasn't perfect.

Nobody is perfect, you know, but some of us take comfort in being Forgiven,
and some of us take comfort in improving ourselves.

I know which sort I prefer. Grin.

When are you going to admit where this visceral disdain for "your"
perception of God comes from? - a perception which is terribly askew. Was it
mom? Dad? Gramma? I don't think it's your own - I think you are a
reactionary. That this is nothing original to your intellect but merely a
base emotional aversion to some religiously overbearing figure out of your
past - something I have intimated several times and which you always side
step.

Standard tyro bad debating tactic #34, when you can't attack the argument,
suggest that it's motivated by some sort of childhood trauma of the debater,
then claim that the debater is a reactionary or can't come up with anything
orginial. Very clever. Not.

Come come Bill... you can do better.

A *little* better, anyway, although John is right, you're out of your
league. Ahead of Jon, who walked right into that trap (of course), but still
out of your league.

I "sidestep" it because it's not relevant.

++Lar