 Off-Topic / Debate / 7609
Re: The god debate again... sigh (Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:33:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes:

You're right, I was lazy on the Chinese thing. Like I said, they have made
monumental contributions to the world, but I don't think there has been
anything pivotal that had global significance.

Oh, lets see if we can find one or two that had global significance.

Paper. No paper, no easy to carry bibles.

Gunpowder. No gunpowder, no forcing the natives to read the bibles you made
them trade their land away for.

I was refering to more geopolitical events which had global impact on...
well...the globe. I realize that they have made tremendous contributions -
like substituting dog meat for pork and cat meat for chicken - just kidding,
lighten up, I love Chinese food. It's in the papers all the time, so a
little satire is OK.

Seriously though, yes, I could have thought about that one a little more.

How'd I do?

That's fine little boy, now go sit down.  :)

Bill

++Lar

Disclaimer: worked 14 hours today in freezing temperatures - not responsible
for silliness above.