 Off-Topic / Debate / 7605
Re: Al Gore I am!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:56:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
FUT added:  lugnet.off-topic.fun

When are we going to finish the counting, the court battles, etc. for the
new presidential candidate, whoever he may be, and when will all this poetic
nonsense stop??

I just find it funny, hope you do too!

This election will be over when the Final Recount is held.

The Final Recount will consist of counting the votes of seven old men and
two old ladies. They live in various precincts in Alexandria, Georgetown,
Reston, and the like, but their vote will be held in a big marble and
limestone building in downtown Washington DC. Like many other polling places
in our great country, it's a courthouse.

However, since these Nine will be wearing goofy looking black robes (but not
white wigs like you lot wear) when they vote, it's not clear whether their
votes will reflect the will of the people any more accurately than the
little old ladies and men wearing leisure suits and gold lame shoes
(partitioning left as reader exercise) in Palm Beach County did.

At least we will get to read their reasons for voting the way they did. That
should be more entertaining than any exit poll.

This election will be over when the Final Recount is held.

I think.

Also, is this going to become a regular feature every time
a president is elected???

Oooh... I hope so! Gridlock is GOOD.

++Lar