 Off-Topic / Debate / 7413
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:00:44 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:

There are known methods of having sex and not having it result in • pregnancy
which can be used.

I have found it uncommon for Republicans to advocate anal sex.  But • remember
it's not 100% in a heterosexual couple.

I was not advocating anal sex.  I was referring to contraceptives, condoms,
and other forms of protection.

Most of those forms of protection aren't very reliable.  When dealing with the
enormous responsibility of having a child, even 99% effectiveness doesn't cut
it.  Sterilization is the only TRUE 100% effective contraceptive (assuming
followup visits prove the procedure worked).

I do not advocate anal sex.

I wouldn't either as a 100% effective contraceptive, as leakage later could
lead to a pregnancy.  Beyond that, it should be up to the couple, and noone
else (ESPECIALLY not the govt).

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/