 Off-Topic / Debate / 7282
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:49:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:
That is not something that I can answer quickly.

I can respect that.

I feel very strongly that certain crimes do indeed warrant death, but
I am willing to reconsider the
part that mercy should play in a criminal justice system.

I don't know the tenets of your religion very well, having never agreed with
them.  But is it your job to mete out that kind of justice according to
Christianity?  I thought Christ admonished you to turn the other cheek and let
God deal with that kind of Justice.

This is the impression that I've gotten in the past.

Chris