 Off-Topic / Debate / 7283
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:51:35 GMT

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
I do not advocate anal sex.

Why not?  It avoids pregnancy and abortion, right?

Personal and moral reasons.

OK, this could be touchy, so I'll try to be careful.  Do you mean personal • as
in, "please let's not go into that because I don't feel like laying that • part
of my psyche out for public consumption" or do you mean that you find the • act
of anal sex aesthetically unpleasing, and thus don't suggest it to people?

I find it asthetically unpleasing, heterosexual or homosexual, at this point
in my life.  But, I prefer not to be examined to death because of my opinion
in this forum.

To quench the apparent curiosity, there has been no experience of mine,
firsthand or secondhand, which has led to my conclusions.

<If it's the first option, feel free not to respond to the rest, but it • would
be nice to know that tha's why you're opting out.>

Understood.

OTOH, how can one be morally opposed to anal sex?  I mean your religion • might
dictate against homosexuality, and I don't buy that that's moral, but • instead
religious.  But what about heterosexual anal sex?  I mean between two
consenting adults.  Is that immoral?  What if the instrument of intrusion • is a
finger instead of a penis?  Does the moral balance change?

While that can be considered morally a gray area (by pretty much all), I
haven't examined it and don't necessarily want to further discuss this
subject in that graphic detail.  Yes, my religion dictates against
homosexuality, and I subscribe to that particular belief.  My religion also
sees that as a moral issue, and I subscribe to that belief as well.

Note that my religion (for the curious, Evangelical Christianity) does not
dictate against the homosexual *person* but the act of homosexuality.
Therefore, I have friendships with homosexuals, despite my disagreement and
disgust towards what they practice.

Chris (genuinely curious)

Hehe :-)  Understood again.
--