 Off-Topic / Debate / 7223
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:17:53 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

I believe abortion is murder, and should be charged as such in the criminal
court system.  Basically, if you want to have sex, than accept the risk you
might get pregnant and also accept the responsibility for it.  If you want
to prevent that from happening, use protection, use contraceptives, etc.
But don't kill a child after its been concieved.

So, knowing that there is no 100% sure method other than vastectomy
(sp?) or its equivalent for women, then either lay down on operation
table, or "if you don't want to have child, do not make sex ever" right?
sorry Tim but: Hehehehehehehehe.

I don't see anyone who can decide this instead of us, the two of us, me
and my wife, (actually much more my wife). It is not the business of
anybody but us. Embryo is nothing but a group of cells till a certain
time is reached, which is also the safe period for the thing, and it
will be my wife's decision to do it or not. And yes, it is certainly my
wife's body, including the thing called embryo. Abortion is a legal
thing in Turkey, and I don't care if it will be illegal in some date. I
don't have any problem with being illegal for the things that are
absolutely personal. Period.

Selçuk