 Off-Topic / Debate / 7220
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:43:51 GMT

  In my mind the inalienable rights we have granted to human beings should
apply to ALL human beings, including the very, very young (unborn).  I think
these rights should take precedence over someone else's wishes not to be
"hassled by the man."  Please tell me a) why your desire not to be troubled
by the powers that be is more important than the right to life of another
human being or b) what evidence you have that a fetus younger than an
arbitrary number (16 weeks?) is not a human being.

I'll take you up on this one John D.

Simple.  If the child is born at 16 weeks (4 months), it will NOT be viable.
Therefore, I see no problem with it.  I think that up until around that point
(consider premie babies, they die mostly at under 24 weeks or so...)

Therefore, they are not a separate life form, until they are viable _on there
own_, without the mother's direct support.

James