 Off-Topic / Debate / 7194
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 16:22:09 GMT

Well, not what "unjustified" means to *me*, but to what society says.  In the • case
of capital punishment, society may say that *that* is justice;

But that doesn't make it right, or actually just.

therefore executions are justified in the eyes of that society.

But still evil.

If a given group of people reach a democratic decision after am informed,
educated and objective debate - who am I to argue against they are "wrong"?

Well, if you're a member of said society, and being forced to fund their evil
practices, I think you ahve every right to explain that they are wrong.

I may disagree, but I can only respect their opinion.

Why?  Wrong is wrong.  This is true regardless of all the people that believe
in some wrong fact.  The sun did not circle the earth just because a bunch of
people thought so.  Why would you respect that opinion?

This issue aside, at
times eventualities may be reached which suit the needs of the majority - at
the expense of a minority. In that case, questions must be asked, and the
minority must be protected.

Yeah, like when the majority thinks that killing some minority (death-row
inmates -- to select a perfectly random example) is OK.

Chris