 Off-Topic / Debate / 7140
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:01:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:

I missed this ref, it's even better:

http://www.lp.org/lpn/9807-pulse.html

(note that both of these refs were found by typing "abortion" into the
search box at the bottom of the front page of the www.lp.org site...)

I'm in the 4.9% camp at the moment.

++Lar

I like this quote from the page:

The Libertarian Party should be explicitly, and proudly, pro-life. As
Libertarians, we are the party of individual freedom and responsibility.
Intelligent Libertarians know that sex is supposed to result in pregnancy.
The "choice" was made with the decision to engage in sexual activity. An
abortion is a cowardly maneuver to evade personal responsibility.
-- Kyle Vraa, New Brighton, Minnesota

Just as a note, in case anyone didn't go look at the ref, this was an
unscientific poll, self selected participants, and the quotes were, I
suspect, selected to show the diversity of opinions on the issue.

Tim chose to pick one quote that he liked. I suspect that no matter where
you stand, you could pick one you liked too.

++Lar