 Off-Topic / Debate / 7139
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:55:09 GMT

I missed this ref, it's even better:

http://www.lp.org/lpn/9807-pulse.html

(note that both of these refs were found by typing "abortion" into the
search box at the bottom of the front page of the www.lp.org site...)

I'm in the 4.9% camp at the moment.

So it seems you Libertarians are a microcosm of the rest of our society on this
issue!  (Well, maybe if the rest of society were polled, there might be
substantially more than 8.8% in the indecisive or confusing category! :-) ) I
must say I am completely surprised that only 2.3% of you feel that it is not
the government's place to take a position on abortion.  I would have thought
this would be the view most compatible with Libertarian philosophy.  Why have
what is mostly a bunch of lawyers in Washington making decisions for us on what
Scott A. called "issues of conscience"?  I begin to see how, from across the
Atlantic, our views must seem awfully peculiar.

Anyway, thanks for enlightening me--

Maggie C.