 Off-Topic / Debate / 7114
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 22:58:46 GMT

Uh oh where'd he go?  I can't find this other post, though I disagreed
strongly when I read it.

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
As for this assertion from your other post:

I do not understand why they do not come right out and say - "we'll make
the rich richer, and the poor poorer".

   I could have sworn that was one of the current improprieties of
"society".
   I think the Libertarians should come out and say, "We'll make the free
freeer, we'll make the wrongly incarcerated free, we'll make the wrongfully
enslaved free (from US tyranny), we'll make those who work earn rewards and
those who don't work earn nothing."
   You seem to prefer rewarding people who steal the freedom and trample the
rights of others.  You haven't shown any solutions that address any of this,
and certainly nothing that changes the true old cliche about rich and poor.
If you can't discover why that cliche is true, then you don't deserve any
help.  I won't argue with you anymore either, I have written plenty about
why your so-called solutions are a joke and why Libertarian solutions will
work, when they are given the mandate by the people to do so.  Larry has
done the same, but of course more clearly.

the simple answer (why the LP does not come right out and say that) is
because it's not true. You're trying to foment class warfare with that
comment, but there is no basis in truth for it, none whatsoever.

This thread is a waste of time, as you're an uncritical thinker. Feel free
to have the last word, though, via some snide comment or another, as I'm
done with it.

++Lar