 Off-Topic / Debate / 7088
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:56:12 GMT

tut tut Larry, you snipped my message to bits and did not answer my points,
who unlike you ;)

I like hear you views here:

=+=
I disagree with the implication. I've explained why in the past. But even if
it's true, across the board, no matter what sort of society you construct,
which I again dispute I claim that a society based on individual rights, in
which *everyone* acts in their own enlightened self interest, results in the
most justice and fairness for all. Again, plowed ground.

I doubt it. Those at the lower end of society will be further marginalised.

=+=

and here:

=+=

1. I've shown in the past why that it indeed would be the case that people
would give and give generously, and further, that the dollars contributed
voluntarily would be used more effectively than the ones extracted.

"generously" - very vauge. In percentage terms, what does it mean to you?

=+=

and here:

=+=

Personally, I quite happy to be a member of
society, and contribute to it passively and actively.

So am I. And I think my contributions, allocated by me, are more effective
than yours, allocated by bureaucrats.

More effective in reaching your goals, perhaps. As for those of greater
society, I doubt it.

=+=

Scott A