 Off-Topic / Debate / 7032
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:09:17 GMT

The gun laws are the principal _cause_ of gun violence, so we must repeal
those laws.

That just doesn't make sense to me at face value.

I'm not fully prepared to defend this stance, since I'm not sure what he means
either.  However, it might be a reference to the body of evidence that suggests
that _everywhere_ that guns become more accesible and free, the armed and
violent crime rates drop.

So he might be saying that the fact that these inferior (to the second) laws
that make guns difficult to just have around all the time, increase the general
level of violence in society.

Chris