 Off-Topic / Debate / 7009
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 20:46:50 GMT

If so, do they accept [Federal funding]?

No. The LP is the Party of Principle.

  D'oh!  It's a shame that there isn't an alternative for them, though I
applaud their self-reliance.

It seems they've been around for quite
some time, and with a fair amount of support, but in my adult life I've
never knowingly seen any campaign material for them (other than online).

I see it all the time. But then people who drive Volvos see more Volvos on
the road because they notice them. It is, however rare to see national level
TV advertising, that stuff isn't cheap.

  Living in Pittsburgh, I don't see much advertisement locally, but "an
absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence."  I see countless local
placards naming this or that candidate without specifying party affiliation;
perhaps some of them are LP.

     Dave!