 Off-Topic / Debate / 7007
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 20:16:36 GMT

Even though we Libertarians may not win this year,
every vote I get will be an endorsement, a
statement, a declaration on behalf of smaller
government.

And ultimately that's why I voted for him.

All kidding aside--does the Libertarian party qualify for Federal campaign
funding?

Used to, at the general level, although the bar has been raised to 5% of the
popular vote. Still does, for the primaries.

If so, do they accept it?

No. The LP is the Party of Principle.

It seems they've been around for quite
some time, and with a fair amount of support, but in my adult life I've
never knowingly seen any campaign material for them (other than online).

I see it all the time. But then people who drive Volvos see more Volvos on
the road because they notice them. It is, however rare to see national level
TV advertising, that stuff isn't cheap.

++Lar