 Off-Topic / Debate / 626
Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 22:33:26 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36ed637a.44549690@lugnet.com>...
Actually, everything but the parasite comment was ok it's a very loaded • word on the Lego
groups.

Ok, I think I'm missing something here.  Would someone care to explain why
the "P" word is so loaded on the Lego groups.  I'm curious to know how it
can attract more flak than a pornographic binary.

If I was to nip down to my local pub and try out a few insults on the
regulars there, "Hey big guy, you're a parasite" would not cause me too much
trouble.  I'd say it *is* moderately derogatory, but not hugely insulting.
Whereas, if I were to substitute "dickhead", that would be considered
*extremely* insulting and result in an immediate outbreak of violence.

Cheers
[SteveScott]