 Off-Topic / Debate / 6256
  Re: Harry Potter and young people's books

(...) Why is this a "debate" topic? Seems to me personal preference is just that, preference, not a debatable thing. So this thread belongs in .fun. Can we debate that? :-) (...) I would go with the Heinlein juveniles as a group. "Have spacesuit, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter and young people's books

(...) Well for heaven's sake - why didn't you redirect this to .fun then? Shazam - there we go. (...) A libertarian writer, it figures. :-) I liked his juvenile books better than his "adult" books. Double Star and Citizen of the Galaxy come to mind. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Harry Potter and young people's books

(...) Not now, it's in .fun now...good going Lar! (...) favorite (...) The bulk of this list is reasonable to classify as juvenile literature, but I've also included some non-juvenile at the end that I think is especially good for kids. You (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Harry Potter and young people's books

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Christopher L. Weeks writes: Oh, and I forgot _Dune_ by Frank Herbert. Chris (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Harry Potter and young people's books

(...) I think you forgot the corpus of Asimov short stories--they made a huge impression upon me as a teen, when the stories were already 25 years old, because the lessons and principles are really timeless. They've collected the stories into (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)