 Off-Topic / Debate / 6059
    Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Jeff Thompson
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James J. Trobaugh writes: The Clintonistas said the price spikes in the Midwest couldn't be I don't know why, but when I read a term like "Clintonista" it makes me want to tune out the rest of the dialog. It's like the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) Absolutely right! ...It should be "Clintonisto". A "Clintonista" is usually just someone who has... You know... While wearing a raspberry beret... The kind that you find at a second-hand store... Actually, I have never before heard the term, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —James J. Trobaugh
   (...) Well Jeff that's an interesting way to look at things you don't agree with in life. If you see or read a word you don't like, heck just ignore the rest of the subject matter no matter if it is fact or fiction. It's attitudes like yours that (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing? —Jeff Thompson
   (...) No, I don't think so. I just find terms like that to be signs of lazy thinking. A cute label gets put on a group by a clever radio commentator or columnist, and I can get some pleasure from that, but then the term get picked up and parroted (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)