 Off-Topic / Debate / 593
Re: Banana Wars.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 14:20:53 GMT

Richard Dee wrote:

Latest thing to be banned, Lego....

Ha ha ha. The US better knock off this protectionist crap. Can anyone
say Smoot Hawley? That episode of government interference in the market
was proximate cause for the great depression. The world economy is
precarious right now and what is keeping things afloat is the US engine.
We are making money and consuming. Shut that down and things will go
awry.

Now, the EU is no angel on protectionism, but the way to fight trade
barriers is to not have any on your side. Then the other side takes the
brunt of their attempt to subsidise their inefficient producers. (Japan,
for instance, is right now paying the price for their protectionism and
we are reaping the benefits of cheap goods)

Stop the FDIC from spying on us! Go to
http://www.defendyourprivacy.com and sign the petition.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.