 Off-Topic / Debate / 603
Re: Banana Wars.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 22:39:32 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Now, the EU is no angel on protectionism, but the way to fight trade
barriers is to not have any on your side. Then the other side takes the
brunt of their attempt to subsidise their inefficient producers. (Japan,
for instance, is right now paying the price for their protectionism and
we are reaping the benefits of cheap goods)

I suppose this puts off the EU-USA common market agreement for ages - I
was looking forward for that - no customs!

I think the score will be EU 1-1 USA - EU will win on penalties.

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170