 Off-Topic / Debate / 5877
  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) I think this is an excellent point, but I think there is a difference between the sexual messages that American kids experience, and the ones that European cultures do. You use the word 'pornography', which I interpret as material that is (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) I mostly agree with you on this point. Customs regarding modesty can genuinely differ across cultures, and be influenced by climate, history, etc. A topless woman can be attired just as modestly, given the right circumstances, as another woman (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) is used (...) divorce (...) Maybe it isn't... but "moral spheres" are very _personal_ spheres. Your spheres might be differently shaped than mine. It's best if we all keep our spheres to ourselves. ~Mark (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) My replies: First, how can we each keep our moral spheres to ourselves? When you and I interact, or when anyone interacts, for that matter, the interactions are governed by our moral spheres of understanding regarding how the other person (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) our (...) you and I (...) other person (...) Does everyone else and their children deserve to be forced to abide by your particular notion of what is "decent" on a minifig? (...) circle? As differently as there are people and cultures on this (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) This is my 4th post in this thread. I have yet to give my opinion regarding the issue of minifig decency. I have merely been debating the issue of public decency. I defer your question to someone else. I will say that I speak as a consumer (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)