 Off-Topic / Debate / 5861
Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 05:49:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Will Middelaer writes:

Peter Callaway <pcallaway@bmcl.com.au> wrote in message

We don't have kids, but my sister has two young ones and she is dead • against
(no pun intended) guns of any sort in her house.

Check out this site for the perfect gift for any "gun free home"-owner:

http://www.frii.com/~buchanan/hgc/

Make them put their safety on the line just like how they want everyone else
to.

Will

(f up to off-topic.debate

Quite amusing actually. A bit different for us in Australia as we don't have
an equivalent to the Second Ammendment.

I haven't actually formulated a stance WRT cun control laws here. Whilst I was
horrified at the Port Arthur massacre and other similar events I'm still not
sure that banning guns altogether is the answer. Criminals by their nature are
outside the law and couldn't give a rats about gun control laws. They will
still be able to get their hands on a gun and will be quite happy to use it
when (or even when not) required.

However I don't think the answer to this is to arm the entire population under
the Second Ammendment. I'm sure the intention was pure (lets go git them
baddies) but do you honestly believe that your country is a safer place when
everyone is allowed to walk around with a gun? the problem is that now guns
are an integral part of American society you probably all need guns to protect
yourself against the guns (kind of like the America/Russia MAD situation, but
without the safety mechanism). Her in Australia, I hope we can avoid that
situation.

Pete Callaway