 Off-Topic / Debate / 585
Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:00:40 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36DF1196.434E01DB@voyager.net>...
Followups set to  off-topic.debate, this could get flamey...

Steve Scott wrote:

Three points of principal here:

c /principal/principle/ ... never make spelling mistakes in flame-bait
posts. You tend to attract nitpickers like me.

Wouldn't be the same witout (cue) you Larry :)

A.  If you want to sell something start your own thread.
B.  If you must butt-in on mine, at least have the courtesy to wait until • my
auction has closed.

I don't think butt-in is hyphenated, BTW. Just FYI. HTH.

Thanks for the generous contribution to my TLA legend.

A few points of my own:

1. I don't believe threads are owned, anyone can post to a thread if
they so wish.
2. You seem to have lots of bidders so what's the issue?
3. Most importantly, this is a marketplace. As a buyer I'm rather glad
sellers are competing. Please don't ask for collusion publicly, although
you'd certainly be within rights to do so.
4. Waiting till after you're done dilutes the publicity you've
generated.

Eric (Parasite) McCarthy wrote in message <36DA46AE.49B1B6CC@aol.com>...
       ^^^^^^^^
I'm not sure that this was really the sort of remark that is likely to
get Eric to consider your statements as reasonable. Eric and I have
sparred about stuff in the past, including some issues rather close to
this, but this time I think I'm with him.

par.a.site - any organism that grows, feeds and is sheltered in or on a
different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.
Sums it up, you have to admit!  BTW, I have apologised privately for any
offence caused.

He has one, you have one. Great. Anyone else have one?

Yeh, Mike Stanley......surprise, surprise :)

"Let a hundred flowers bloom" is what Mao always said.(1)  YMMV(2), of
course.

1 - about the only good thing he DID say, but even a stopped clock is
right once or twice a day.
2 - Your Mileage May Vary.

Stop the FDIC from spying on us! Go to
http://www.defendyourprivacy.com and sign the petition.